Chemstore offers a high quality on-site training to leading organisations in the UK. These courses ensure compliance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act September 2005 and also address Industry Best Practice and EPA Requirements.
This course is designed to increase awareness of Hazardous Materials in the workplace and enable operators to safely react to spills on-site.
The topics covered under this course include:
- Requirement of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- What is a Hazardous Substance?
- Identifying Hazardous Substances.
- Health impacts of exposure to Chemical Substances.
- Identify risks associated with chemical use.
- Material Safety Data Sheets Explained.
- Personnel Protection Equipment – Overview.
- Practical Chemical Spill Demonstration.
- Fire Extinguisher/Fire Blanket use for Chemical Spill.
- Immediate first aid action for chemical burns.
- General Principles of Chemical Safety.
- Emergency Plans
- Site Familiarization
- Maximum number per session is 12 people.
- Duration 3 Hours.
- On site requirements – well lit and ventilated room & area for demonstration.
- Presentation Notes.
- Issue of Attendance Certificates.
- Chemstore’s Chemical Awareness and Spill Response Training can prevent this happening in your workplace!